Here’s a quick tutorial on how to sell in Shopee Philippines. All you need to have is an account with Shopee and a pick-up address that’s serviceable by its partner couriers. The latter is necessary in order for you to take advantage of Shopee’s low-cost (and even free) shipping fees.
What I’m going to show you are the steps to create your Shopee store from the mobile app. If you haven’t downloaded it, here are the links to Google Play and the App Store. When the app is ready on your mobile phone, follow the next steps below.
Sell In Shopee with these easy steps to setup your store.
1. Create a Shopee Account.
This is the same account that you use when shopping. You can either create from the Shopee website or use the mobile app. Look for the sign-up button and fill-in the required information. Must-haves: an active Philippine mobile phone number, e-mail address, and a unique name for your store, and of course your complete physical address. You can edit these details on the Account Settings page. More on this on Step 2.
Here’s what a Shopee dashboard looks like from the mobile app:
2. Start building your shop.
Once you have created an account, you can now start building your shop. From the mobile app’s dashboard, tap on the “Me”
3. Go to the Account Settings and add or edit My Addresses.
This is an important step so you can set shipping options later. You can add three different addresses and set them as default, pick-up, and return. Otherwise, if you use only one address, it will be automatically set as all of the three.
Going back to the Accounts Settings, you will find the link to the My Profile page wherein you can add/edit your name, username, bio, and other personal information.
At this point you can now go back to the “Me” tab and head to “My Shop”. (You can go back to the Accounts Settings to configure other settings such as chat, payments/bank info, etc. )
4. Tap on “My Shop” and start adding products.
This time, you need to be ready with the photos of the items. Upload photos, add product name, description, category, brand, and other specifications required depending on the item category. Tip on how to sell in Shopee and in other online selling platforms effectively: use high-quality photos and detailed description of the item you are selling.
You also need to provide the weight and packaging size in order to set shipping options.
Tap on the Shipping Fee tab to set shipping.
You will find courier options depending on your pick-up address. In the example below, there’s only one listed courier. After toggling it on, calculated shipping fee appears.
If the calculated shipping fee remains 0, just ignore it. When you go back to the Edit Product page, you should see that the shipping fee has been calculated.
Back to the shipping options, you may choose to cover the shipping fee. This is not a popular choice, here’s why:
5. The next important step to sell in Shopee is to set your product’s ship out period.
The Days to Ship is pre-set at 7 days. If you need more time to ship the item, toggle on the Pre-Order tab and manually set the number of days.
6. Decide whether or not to publish the product to start selling it.
When you toggle on the Publish Product button, this means that your product is visible to everyone in Shopee and anyone can place order for it.
7. Lastly, boost your sales by promoting your product.
Here are the ways to promote your product:
- Promote on social media
- Boost your product. From the product list on the My Shop page, find the Boost Now button below the item you want to promote, tap on it and a dialogue box will pop up, informing your that such item will be promoted to the top of the Latest tab in the product category where it belongs. Tap on OK to proceed.
- Use all the marketing tools available in the Marketing Centre. Log-in from the website (not from the app) to see the complete set of tools available. Here’s a screenshot of the marketing tools viewed from the website:
From the Shopee mobile app, you can also access the Marketing Centre from the My Shop page.
On my next post, I will share some tips on how to use social media to promote the products you sell in Shopee and other online selling platforms. Thanks for reading!